Looking for a part time job in the neighbourhood?
Champlain Community Centre is looking for you! Apply NOW. Positions are available immediately.
CHAMPLAIN COMMUNITY CENTRE: Facility Support Staff
The Champlain Community Centre is seeking a facility support staff person, who under the supervision of the Board, will assist in supervising community centre programs and operate the canteen.
Due to the nature of the position, the schedule may vary from week to week, however the successful candidate will be required to be available for work on evenings and weekends.
You must be a self-starter and be able to complete required tasks with little or no supervision. Must be able to work effectively as a team and remain committed to providing excellent service. You must be able to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate canteen, including opening and closing of canteen, sales of canteen items, taking stock of inventory and notifying supervisor of any shortages.
- Open and close Community Centre as required for program bookings
- Implement Covid-19 safety protocols as mandated by the City of Winnipeg
- General cleaning and sanitizing tasks
- Keep garbage, recycling bin areas clean and neat.
- Check and clean washrooms (before and after scheduled programs).
- Set up and take down for scheduled events/bookings as required.
- Remove garbage and recycling as required.
- Report to the Supervisor any safety concerns, general maintenance issues of the Centre.
- Must be 16yrs of age or older
- Available to work on evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with customer service an asset
To apply: Please send a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject
line: Champlain Community Centre Facility Support Staff
Note: The position is available to start immediately. The posting is open until filled. We expect to hire 2-3 folks to fill the weekend/evening community centre schedule.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
***PLEASE NOTE: IN ACCORDANCE WITH PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS, ALL EMPLOYEES MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19***